[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] [Cinder] Open Source and community working together

Luke Gorrie luke at snabb.co
Tue Mar 4 09:11:25 UTC 2014

On 3 March 2014 18:30, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> My advice was therefore that you should not wait for that to happen to
> engage in cooperative behavior, because you don't want to be the first
> company to get singled out.

"Cooperative behavior" is vague.

Case in point: I have not successfully setup 3rd party CI for the ML2
driver that I've developed on behalf of a vendor. Does this make me one of
your "uncooperative vendors"? Do I need to worry about being fired because
somebody at OpenStack decides to "name and shame" the company I'm doing the
work for and make an example? (Is that what the "deprecated neutron drivers
list" will be used for?)

If one project official says "driver contributors have to comply with X, Y,
Z by Icehouse-2" and then another project official says that "uncooperative
contributors are going to be nailed to the wall" then, well, sucks to be
contributors.