[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] non-persistent storage(after stopping VM, data will be rollback automatically), do you think we shoud introduce this feature?

Nandavar, Divakar Padiyar divakar.padiyar-nandavar at hp.com
Tue Mar 4 05:32:58 UTC 2014

>>> Why reboot an instance? What is wrong with deleting it and create a new one?

You generally use non-persistent disk mode when you are testing new software or experimenting with settings.   If something goes wrong just reboot and you are back to clean state and start over again.    I feel it's convenient to handle this with just a reboot rather than recreating the instance.

Thanks,
Divakar