[openstack-dev] Toward SQLAlchemy 0.9.x compatibility everywhere for Icehouse

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Mar 4 03:42:22 UTC 2014

On 03/03/2014 11:17 PM, David Ripton wrote:
> On 03/02/2014 03:12 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> On 03/02/2014 12:03 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>>> I hope to get support from core reviewers here, so that we can fix-up
>>> the SQLA 0.9.x compat ASAP, preferably before b3. Of course, I'll make
>>> sure all we do works with both 0.8 and 0.9 version of SQLA. Is there
>>> anyone still running with the old 0.7? If yes, then we can try to
>>> continue validating OpenStack against it as well.
>
> I think we should continue supporting SQLAlchemy 0.7 for a bit longer,
> as that's what some distributions still package.  (Of course it's
> possible to work around that by pulling from pip instead, but not
> everyone will.)
>
>> FYI, the below patches need review:
>>
>> SQLAlchemy-migrate:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77387/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77388/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77396/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77397/
>
> I'll review all these today.
>
> BTW, I just pushed sqlalchemy-migrate 0.8.4 with DB2 support.  I agree
> that we should push a 0.9 as soon as all the SQLAlchemy-0.9
> compatibility stuff is in and working.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reviews. I corrected what you suggested. Here's the new
list of patches to review (you probably missed 1 of them):

https://review.openstack.org/77387/
https://review.openstack.org/77396/
https://review.openstack.org/77397/
https://review.openstack.org/77480/
https://review.openstack.org/66156/

Also, this one makes -migrate works with the latest Scripttest (I have
no idea in which version it broke, though this fixed my Debian package):
https://review.openstack.org/77388/

And this one, so that we make sure we use subunit 0.0.18 (-migrate is
incompatible with anything older):
https://review.openstack.org/77403/

Let's get this fixed and release a new version! :)

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)