[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Flavor Framework

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Mon Mar 3 23:33:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

The discussion about advanced services and scheduling was primarily around choosing backbends based on capabilities.
AFAIK, the Nova flavor specify capacity.
So I think that using the term "flavor" might not match what is intended.
A better word might be "capability" or "group of capabilities".

Is the following what we want to achieve?

*         A tenant creates a vip and requires high-available with advanced L7 and SSL capabilities for production.

*         Another tenant creates a vip that requires advanced L7 and SSL capabilities for development.

The admin or maybe even the tenant might group such capabilities (ha, L7, SSL) and name them advanced-adc and another group of capabilities (no-ha, L7, SSL) and name them adc-for-testing.

This leads to an abbreviation of:

*         Tenant creates a vip that requires advanced-adc.

*         Tenant creates a vip the requires adc-for-testing.

Regards,
                -Sam.