[openstack-dev] [Nova] Concrete Proposal for Keeping V2 API

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Mar 3 22:35:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:32 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
> There has been quite a bit of discussion about the future of the v3 API
> recently.  There has been growing support for the idea that we should
> change course and focus on evolving the existing v2 API instead of
> putting out a new major revision.  This message is a more complete
> presentation of that proposal that concludes that we can do what we
> really need to do with only the v2 API.

Ok, so process question.

Who makes the final decision here? I think this is the most
contentious decision I can remember in nova, so I'm not sure how we
want to go about actually locking a decision in. Is that something the
PTL does after listening to everyone's thoughts? Or is there some sort
of vote? I don't have a strong opinion here, but I think we do need
some way to decide when this debate is over.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia