[openstack-dev] sqlalchemy-migrate release impending

David Ripton dripton at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 20:30:37 UTC 2014

On 02/28/2014 04:22 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 2/26/2014 11:34 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>> On 02/26/2014 11:24 AM, David Ripton wrote:
>>> I'd like to release a new version of sqlalchemy-migrate in the next
>>> couple of days.  The only major new feature is DB2 support.  If anyone
>>> thinks this is a bad time, please let me know.
>>>

>> So it would be nice if someone could actually work through the 0.9 sqla
>> support, because I think it's basically just a change in quoting
>> behavior that's left (mostly where quoting gets called) -
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/66156/

Thomas Goirand has a bunch of new reviews up in this area.  Hopefully we
can release a sqlalchemy-migrate 0.9 with support for sqlalchemy-0.9 soon.

> Looks like the 0.8.3 tag is up so it's just a matter of time before it
> shows up on pypi?
>
> https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=stackforge/sqlalchemy-migrate.git;a=commit;h=21fcdad0f485437d010e5743626c63ab3acdaec5

I pushed a non-signed 0.8.3 tag, and the release machinery only cares
about signed tags.  Oops.

Anyway, I then pushed a signed 0.8.4 tag, and the new release failed
tests because of an unconditional import of ibm_db_sa, a module which
did not exist on the test machines.  (It was mentioned in
test-requirements.txt, but devstack / devstack-gate don't actually use
that file.)

So we did a 0.8.5 release without DB2 support, so that the
latest/default version of sqlalchemy-migrate would work again.

There are patches in progress to fix the DB2 support and to add a
tempest job for sqlalchemy-migrate so we're more likely to notice
problems before doing a release.  When that work is all done, we can
release 0.8.6.  (Or maybe skip 0.8.6 and just release 0.9, if the
sqlalchemy 0.9 compatibility work is all done by then.)

David Ripton   Red Hat   dripton at redhat.com