[openstack-dev] [openstack-tc] Climate Incubation Application

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 3 16:18:28 UTC 2014

Hello, Sean

I think your idea is really interesting. I mean, that thought "Gantt -
where to schedule, Climate - when to schedule" is quite understandable and
good looking.

These two 'directions' of scheduling process really look like fitting into
one Program - probably it should be named "Resource Allocation and
Reclaiming" or something like this. My only idea is that even Gantt +
Climate will be under this new Program umbrella, they can't be one project
only because these functionalities may become wider - and projects may
become too big to manage them as one. I mean, that future energy efficiency
+ probable billing interest for Climate is not 'horizontal' scheduling
really, and that's why our scopes lay in different areas.

High level idea "Gantt is for placing objects, Climate is for planning
them" looks good IMHO.

And, as said, Compute program is not about Climate, because we're
implementing volumes reservation for 0.2.0 release, and that will be
pushing us away from the Compute Pr.

Anyway, it's an interesting discussion and I'm looking forward to
continuing it.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Belova