[openstack-dev] Toward SQLAlchemy 0.9.x compatibility everywhere for Icehouse

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Mar 3 14:59:56 UTC 2014

On 03/03/2014 01:14 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 11:24 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> It looks like my patch fixes the first unit test failure. Though we
>> still need a fix for the 2nd problem:
>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'AbstractType'
>
> Replying to myself...
>
> It looks like AbstractType is "not needed except for backwards
> compatibility" in SQLA 0.7 & 0.8, and it's gone away in 0.9. See:
>
> http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_7/core/types.html
> http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/types.html
> http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_9/core/types.html
>
> (reference to AbstractType is gone from the 0.9 doc)
>
> Therefore, I'm tempted to just remove lines 336 and 337, though I am
> unsure of what was intended in this piece of code.
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> Thomas

Seems Sean already fixed that one, and it was lost in the git review
process (with patches going back and forth). I added it again as a
separate patch, and now the unit tests are now ok. It just passed the
gating tests! :)

Cheers, and thanks to Sean and everyone else for the help, hoping to get
this series approved soon,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)