[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Page layout questions

Ekaterina Fedorova efedorova at mirantis.com
Mon Mar 3 08:56:16 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

During investigation of this bug [1] I found weird things in horizon
page layout. And it looks like there are errors deep inside.

First, the* 'div.sidebar'* container has property *'float:left'
*without any width set while all guidelines [2] say that the width
should be set.

Was it done for some purposes? Should the width of the .sidebar be
static or dynamic (or limited with the max-width), depending on the
registerd dashboard amount?

Second, the *'div.main_content'* has property 'padding-right: 250px' -
obviosly to not overlap with *'div.sidebar'.* I guess this is wrong
since *'div.main_content'* should flow around the* 'div.sidebar'*. Am
I right?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1286093
[2] http://css.maxdesign.com.au/floatutorial/introduction.htm

Regards, Kate.