[openstack-dev] Climate Incubation Application

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Sun Mar 2 19:32:34 UTC 2014

Hello, folks!

I'd like to request Climate project review for incubation. Here is official
incubation application:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Climate/Incubation

Additionally due to the project scope and the roadmap, we don't see any
currently existing OpenStack program that fits Climate. So we've prepared
new program request too:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Climate/Program

TL;DR

Our team is working on providing OpenStack with resource reservation
opportunity in time-based manner, including close integration with all
other OS projects.

As Climate initiative is targeting to provide not only compute resources
revervation, but also volumes, network resources, storage nodes reservation
opportunity, we consider it is not about being a part of some existing
OpenStack program.

This initiative needs to become a part of completely new Resource
Reservation Program, that aims to implement time-based cloud resource
management.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Belova