[openstack-dev] Toward SQLAlchemy 0.9.x compatibility everywhere for Icehouse

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Mar 2 08:12:00 UTC 2014

On 03/02/2014 12:03 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About a week ago, the maintainer of SQLAlchemy uploaded version 0.9.3 in
> Debian Sid. This of course broke a lot of OpenStack packages, including
> python-migrate.
>
> I do not intend to let this continue on for 7 months like it happened
> for SQLA 0.8.x.
>
> Over the last week, I worked, together with my colleagues from eNovance,
> on fixing python-migrate. Today, I can proudly say that migrate seems to
> have been fixed and works fully with SQLAlchemy 0.9.3. All unit tests
> are passing, including the ones for MySQL, which I also do in my Debian
> package.
>
> I haven't uploaded python-migrate to Debian Sid yet, because I'm waiting
> for python-ibm-db-sa to be approved by FTP masters. However, I have good
> hopes that it will happen soon.
>
> The Debian package I've prepared already includes all of SQLA-Migrate
> commits currently available in the Git, plus 4 patches which I intend to
> push upstream. The resulting package works with both SQLA 0.8.x and SQLA
> 0.9.x.
>
> Next up is Keystone. Only one unit test is failing, as much as I can tell:
> keystone.tests.test_sql_upgrade.SqlUpgradeTests.test_upgrade_14_to_16
>
> Once Keystone is fixed, we'll move to the next packages.
>
> I hope to get support from core reviewers here, so that we can fix-up
> the SQLA 0.9.x compat ASAP, preferably before b3. Of course, I'll make
> sure all we do works with both 0.8 and 0.9 version of SQLA. Is there
> anyone still running with the old 0.7? If yes, then we can try to
> continue validating OpenStack against it as well.
>
> Thoughts welcome,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

FYI, the below patches need review:

SQLAlchemy-migrate:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77387/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77388/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77396/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77397/

Also, Morgan Fainberg sent a patch for Keystone:
https://review.openstack.org/77392 (havana branch)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/77391/ (master)

Thomas