[openstack-dev] Toward SQLAlchemy 0.9.x compatibility everywhere for Icehouse

Morgan Fainberg m at metacloud.com
Sun Mar 2 04:40:19 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

I’ll take a look at that tonight and see if it’s an easy solve. Hopefully I can have something posted by Monday for you.

—Morgan
—
Morgan Fainberg
Principal Software Engineer
Core Developer, Keystone
m at metacloud.com

On March 1, 2014 at 20:06:54, Thomas Goirand (zigo at debian.org) wrote:

Hi,

About a week ago, the maintainer of SQLAlchemy uploaded version 0.9.3 in
Debian Sid. This of course broke a lot of OpenStack packages, including
python-migrate.

I do not intend to let this continue on for 7 months like it happened
for SQLA 0.8.x.

Over the last week, I worked, together with my colleagues from eNovance,
on fixing python-migrate. Today, I can proudly say that migrate seems to
have been fixed and works fully with SQLAlchemy 0.9.3. All unit tests
are passing, including the ones for MySQL, which I also do in my Debian
package.

I haven't uploaded python-migrate to Debian Sid yet, because I'm waiting
for python-ibm-db-sa to be approved by FTP masters. However, I have good
hopes that it will happen soon.

The Debian package I've prepared already includes all of SQLA-Migrate
commits currently available in the Git, plus 4 patches which I intend to
push upstream. The resulting package works with both SQLA 0.8.x and SQLA
0.9.x.

Next up is Keystone. Only one unit test is failing, as much as I can tell:
keystone.tests.test_sql_upgrade.SqlUpgradeTests.test_upgrade_14_to_16

Once Keystone is fixed, we'll move to the next packages.

I hope to get support from core reviewers here, so that we can fix-up
the SQLA 0.9.x compat ASAP, preferably before b3. Of course, I'll make
sure all we do works with both 0.8 and 0.9 version of SQLA. Is there
anyone still running with the old 0.7? If yes, then we can try to
continue validating OpenStack against it as well.

Thoughts welcome,

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)