[openstack-dev] All Hyper-V CI jobs fail to start due to non portable signal handling in Nova guru-meditation report

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Mar 1 22:54:15 UTC 2014

I think we should also acknowledge that part of the problem here is
that whilst the Hyper-V CI ran on this patch (and failed), its not
very obvious when you look at gerrit. I would say the solution to that
is to turn voting on, but the Hyper-V CI fail rate is about twice that
of Jenkins at the moment [1]. I think that needs to improve before
voting can be turned on.

Michael

1: http://www.rcbops.com/gerrit/reports/nova-cireport.html

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Alessandro Pilotti
<apilotti at cloudbasesolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We have a blocking issue on Hyper-V, the guru-meditation report fails on
> Hyper-V due to missing signal handling, as a result Nova fails to start.
>
> Bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1286528
>
> Here's a sample failed job:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/74060
>
> Direct link to the log with the exception trace:
>
> http://64.119.130.115/74060/3/Hyper-V_logs/hv-compute1/nova-console.log.gz
>
> Here's the patch that introduced the issue:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/cec532848f569afb4832029bce4969578472a57a
>
> Gerrit review link (merged today):
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/69058/
>

> Reverting the patch and fix the issue would be IMO the best solution here.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Alessandro
>
> P.S.: We need to add Hyper-V CI jobs for Oslo as well, as these type of
> portability issues tend to surface fairly ofthen when the code gets synced
> in the target projects (e.g. Nova).

Rackspace Australia