[openstack-dev] [Octavia] Temporary project leadership team

Stephen Balukoff sbalukoff at bluebox.net
Mon Jun 30 22:08:57 UTC 2014

Howdy folks,

Given the feedback from people on this list last week to my suggestion
about holding elections for PTL and core reviewers for the Octavia project,
it's clear that since we've only recently been added as a stackforge
project, we don't have any code or review history on which people can base
their opinions for voting on project leadership.

The problem is that if we want to be able to use the gerrit system for
reviewing code, specs, and documentation then somebody needs the ability to
+2 proposed changes and workflow so they get merged into the source tree
(ie. if we want to follow the usual OpenStack process on this, which we do.)

So after discussing this with the group of people who have been working
together on the design for this project for the last several months, the
consensus was to elect from among ourselves an interim PTL and interim core
reviewers until we have enough official history on this project to be able
to actually do meaningful public elections. We are anticipating holding
these elections around the time of the Juno summit.

Obviously, please feel free to disagree with our process and/or decision
for doing this, but I would ask that if you do, please also do us the
courtesy of explaining how we're supposed to merge code using the gerrit
system without having a PTL or core reviewers.

Anyway, this is the list of folks we agreed upon:

Interim PTL: Stephen Balukoff
Interim core reviewers: Vivek Jain, Brandon Logan, German Eichberger

Thanks,
Stephen

--
Stephen Balukoff