[openstack-dev] [third-party-ci][neutron] What is "Success" exactly?

Franck Yelles franck110 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:05:54 UTC 2014

Hi Jay,

Couple of points.

I support the fact that we need to define what is "success" is.
I believe that the metrics that should be used are "Voted +1" and
"Skipped".
But to certain valid case, I would say that the  "Voted -1" is really
mostly a metric of bad health of a CI.
Most of the -1 are due to environment issue, configuration problem, etc...
In my case, the -1 are done manually since I want to avoid giving some
extra work to the developer.

That are some possible solutions ?

On the Jenkins, I think we could develop a script that will parse the
result html file.
Jenkins will then vote (+1, 0, -1) on the behalf of the 3rd party CI.
- It would prevent the abusive +1
- If the result HTML is empty, it would indicate the CI health is bad
- if all the result are failing, it would also indicate that CI health is
bad

Franck

Franck

Franck