[openstack-dev] [neutron] [third-party] Neutron 3rd Party CI status dashboard

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:03:18 UTC 2014

Sorry, accidentally hit the wrong key and message went out.....

Was making a mention about the definition of Success. I thought the debate
in the meeting was very productive - when a CI posts a +1 that is success,
and when a CI posts a -1 (or no vote with comment) is also a success - as
this reflects that the CI is doing what it is suppose to do.

So, when it comes to stackalytics, it is more critical to show if a given
CI is operational or not - and for how long?
Another thing we can debate is how to present the +1/-1 votes by a given CI
- unless we have some benchmark, it will be hard to consider
success/failure.

So, I am of the  opinion that, initially, we only report on the operational
status and duration of the CIs, and a counter of +1 and -1 votes over a
period of time. For example, looking at Arista CI, it has casted 7,958
votes so far and it has been operational for past 6 months. This
information is not available anywhere - hence, presenting this kind of
information on a dashboard created by Ilya would be very useful to the
community as well to the vendors..

thoughts?

-Sukhdev