[openstack-dev] [neutron][third-party] Simple and robust CI script?

Luke Gorrie luke at tail-f.com
Mon Jun 30 17:50:40 UTC 2014

On 30 June 2014 19:37, Asselin, Ramy <ramy.asselin at hp.com> wrote:

>  Not sure if these are “minimalist” but at least they setup
> automagically, so you don’t need to do it from scratch:

I'm aiming to do exactly the opposite of this i.e. no automagic.

My experience has been that the really heavy-duty CI setups are too
difficult to understand and troubleshoot for end-users like me. I spent a
week working on installing Jay's tools, with very generous help from Jay
himself, and for me it was a dead end [*]. I now consider these to be tools
for openstack-infra insiders rather than guys like me who are maintaining
tiny drivers.

I don't know if other people have had a different experience from me. It
does seem like 3rd party CI is broadly a lot more problematic than
advertised. I have seen only relatively few frank experience reports from
people operating CIs and I suspect there is a rich and interesting untold
story there :-). (Maybe it would be interesting to do a survey some day.)

[*] http://openstack-dev-openstack.git.net/2014-March/030022.html & other
posts in that thread.