[openstack-dev] [all] 3rd Party CI vs. Gerrit

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Jun 30 15:49:33 UTC 2014

On 06/30/2014 11:41 AM, Ilya Shakhat wrote:

>> Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote on 06/27/2014 12:33:48 PM:
>>> If it really does show up right in Gerrit as if it were integrated,
>>> then that would be fine with me. I think the biggest problem we have
>>> right now is that a lot of the CI systems are very inconsistent in
>>> their reporting and we often don't realize when one of them *hasn't*
>>> voted. If the new thing could fill out the chart based on everything
>>> we expect to see a vote from, so that it's very clear that one is
>>> missing, then that's a net win right there.
>>

>> There is a similar old bug for that, with a good suggestion for how it
>> could possibly be done:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ci/+bug/1251758
>>

> What about to have report like this:
> http://stackalytics.com/report/ci/neutron/7 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ilya

As I responded here, Ilya:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-June/038933.html

Right now that dashboard introduces more confusion than it alleviates
since the definition of "success" in regards to third party ci systems
has yet to be defined by the community.

I look forward to discussing this more at today's third party meeting,
as Kurt has already linked to. It would be great if you would be willing
to add an item to the agenda.

Thanks Ilya,
Anita.