[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Use MariaDB by default on Fedora

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 15:15:31 UTC 2014

On 06/30/2014 11:16 AM, Michael Kerrin wrote:
> I am trying to finish off https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90134 -
> percona xtradb cluster for debian based system.
>
> I have read into this thread that I can error out on Redhat systems when
> trying to install percona and tell them to use mariadb instead, percona
> isn't support here. Is this correct?

I think on rhel mysql/xtradb is expected to work from the percona
tarball, as it used to happen on fedora

yet this change [1] is eventually going to switch the default solution
to mariadb/galera for rhel too which is consistent with the previous
idea from James

there could still be unexpected issues on distro for which we don't have
CI but I wouldn't expect troubles caused by your change

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102818/
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA