[openstack-dev] [Horizon] SCSS conversion and SCSS upgrade patches

Douglas Fish drfish at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 30 14:09:40 UTC 2014

I had an IRC discussion with jtomasek and rdopieralski recently regarding
Radomir's patch for converting to SCSS bootstrap.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90371/   We were trying to sort out how
soon this patch should merge.  We'd like to discuss this at the team
meeting tomorrow, but I'm sharing here to get an initial discussion
started.

It seems that in this version of bootstrap SCSS had some bugs.  They are
low impact, but pretty obvious bugs - I saw mouseover styling and disable
button styling problems.

The most straightforward fix to this is to upgrade bootstrap.  I understand
that Jiri is working on that this week, and would like to have the SCSS
patch merged ASAP to help with that effort.

My feeling is that we shouldn't merge the SCSS patch until we have a
bootstrap patch ready to merge.  I'd like to see dependent patches used to
manage this so we can get both changes reviewed and merged at the same
time.

Radomir has shared that he thinks dependent patches are too painful to use
for this situation.  Also he'd like to see the SCSS bootstrap patch merged
ASAP because the horizon split depends on that work as well.

Doug Fish