[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] subjAltName and CN extraction from x509 certificates

Carlos Garza carlos.garza at rackspace.com
Sat Jun 28 05:36:52 UTC 2014

On Jun 28, 2014, at 12:01 AM, Carlos Garza <carlos.garza at rackspace.com>
 wrote:

>> example python script using your example pem file. If using NSS isn't an
>> option I'd rather see us provide the necessary binding in pyopenssl than
>> handcraft one-off routines.

    Are you saying you prefer us contribute the helper functions in pyOpenSSL and then upstream it and
then consume those helper functions from PyOpenSSL in the lbaas project?

   If your just talking about adding the binding alone then your implying I still have to do the write those helper functions that
reach down to the lower level OpenSSL library. Is that what your suggesting? Help me understand your proposal.

    I eventually want to do this but I feel our due date of august is prohibitive.