[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Use MariaDB by default on Fedora

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:59:36 UTC 2014

Things are a bit confusing right now, especially with what's been
proposed.  Let me try and clarify (even if just for my own sake).

Currently the choices offered are:

1. mysql percona with the percona tarball
2. mariadb galera with mariadb.org packages
3. mariadb galera with rdo packages

And, we're proposing to add

4. mysql percona with percona packages: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/90134
5. mariadb galera with fedora packages https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102815/

4 replaces 1, but only for Ubuntu/Debian, it doesn't work on Fedora/RH
5 replaces 3 (neither of which work on Ubuntu/Debian, obviously)

Do we still need 1? Fedora/RH + percona tarball.  I personally don't think so.

Do we still need 2? Fedora/RH or Ubuntu/Debian with galera packages
from maraidb.org. For the Fedora/RH case, I doubt it, people will just
use 5.

3 will be gone (replaced by 5).

So, yes, I'd like to see 5 as the default for Fedora/RH and 4 as the
default for Ubuntu/Debian, and both those tested in CI. And get rid of
(or deprecate) 1-3.

-- James Slagle