[openstack-dev] Python minimum version for Juno Horizon/Dashboard

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Fri Jun 27 13:41:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Adam Nelson <adam at kili.io> wrote:
> I noticed that Django 1.7 no longer supports Python 2.6:
>
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.7/#python-compatibility
>
> Since it will be released in July/August, has there been any consideration
> of making 2.7 the minimum for Horizon and Openstack Dashboard?
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-cross-project-future-of-python
>
> It seems like a shame to stick with Python 2.6 and therefore not get Django
> 1.7 which will have been released to production 2-3 months before Juno comes
> out.

At the summit we consulted with the distros on their planned support
for 2.6 vs. 2.7, and SLES 11 was the last one still planning to ship
both 2.6 and Juno. The consensus in the room was to wait for K to drop
2.6 support to accommodate SLES.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-cross-project-future-of-python

Doug