[openstack-dev] [nova] Two questions about 'backup' API

wu jiang wingwj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 01:58:22 UTC 2014

Hi Vish, thanks for your reply.

About Q1, I mean that Nova doesn't have extra processions/works for
'daily'/'weekly' than other backup_types like '123'/'test'.
The 'daily' & 'weekly' don't have unique places in the API than any other
else.

But we gave them as examples in code comments especially in novaclient.

A few users asked me why their instances were not backup-ed automatically,
they thought we have a timing task to do this if the 'backup_type' equals
to 'daily'/'weekly' because we prompt them to use it..
Therefore, it's useless and inclined to make confusion for this API IMO. No
need to show them in code comments & novaclient.

P.S. So maybe 'backup_name'/'backup_tag' is a better name, but we can't
modify the API for compatibility..

Thanks.

WingWJ