[openstack-dev] [nova] should we have a stale data indication in "nova list/show"?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 21:33:37 UTC 2014

On Jun 26, 2014, at 3:58 AM, Day, Phil <philip.day at hp.com> wrote:

> [...]

We have an external check that updates the state of instances if the nova-compute fails. We currently put them into ERROR state which is kind of confusing because (as stated earlier in the thread) the instance may be running. It would be nice to have an UNKNOWN state which could be used for this purpose, even if it is an external system that is setting it.

Vish