[openstack-dev] [Nova] Spec Review Day Today!

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Jun 26 11:24:36 UTC 2014

Thanks all, I think we made a real dent in the review queue yesterday.

On 25 June 2014 22:58, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
> The majority of specs are waiting on an update from the submitter.  I
> didn't grab these stats before today, but I believe we made some good
> progress.
> Using: $ openreviews -u russellb -p projects/nova-specs.json
>
>> Projects: [u'nova-specs']
> --> Total Open Reviews: 111
> --> Waiting on Submitter: 87
> --> Waiting on Reviewer: 24

A massive improvement, thank you!

> The wait times still aren't amazing though.  There's a pretty big
> increase in wait time as you look at older ones.  It seems there's a set
> we've been all avoiding for one reason or another that deserve some sort
> of answer, even if it's "we're just not interested enough".
> --> Stats since the latest revision:
> ----> Average wait time: 12 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes
> --> Stats since the last revision without -1 or -2 :
> ----> Average wait time: 13 days, 1 hours, 8 minutes
> --> Stats since the first revision (total age):
> ----> Average wait time: 42 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes

+1

I spent a lot of yesterday abandoning spec reviews that were waiting
on the authors to respond for other a month or so. I will keep doing
this now and then.

In that process I certainly found quite a few reviews at the end of
the queue that had been forgotten. I just didn't seem them in a big
sea of red at the end of the queue.

I will personally try and watch these stats more closely, and spot
people who get forgotten!

> Another stat we can look at is how many specs we merged:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova-specs+status:merged,n,z
>
> It looks like we've merged 11 specs in the last 24 hours or so, and only
> about 5 more if we look at the last week.

A few extra ones this morning too, not many, but we are really chewing
through more than we have before.

Big thank you to Russell for reminding me about that stats, we should
be more organised next time, and take the before readings!

Many thanks,
John