[openstack-dev] Creating new python-<new_project_name>client

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Thu Jun 26 03:38:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM, Aaron Rosen <aaronorosen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at creating a new python-<new_project_name>client and I was
> wondering if there was any on going effort to share code between the
> clients or not? I've looked at the code in python-novaclient and
> python-neutronclient and both of them seem to have their own homegrown
> HTTPClient and keystone integration. Figured I'd ping the mailing list here
> before I go on and make my own homegrown HTTPClient as well.

It's still quite early, but this is one of the things we're working on with
python-openstacksdk[0][1]. As of today[2] there are reviews for the start
of how Neutron and Glance clients would work out, and I'm working on the
start of a Swift one myself. However, if you need your client written
today, this project isn't there yet.

[0] https://github.com/stackforge/python-openstacksdk
[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PythonOpenStackSDK
[2]