[openstack-dev] Virtual Interface creation failed

tfreger at redhat.com tfreger at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 13:57:24 UTC 2014

Hello,

During the tests of Multiple RPC, I've encountered a problem to create VMs.
Creation of 180 VMs succeeded.

But when I've tried to create 200 VMs, part of the VMs failed with resources problem of VCPU limitation, the other part failed with following error:
vm failed -  {"message": "Virtual Interface creation failed", "code": 500, "created": "2014-06-25T10:22:35Z"} | | flavor | nano (10)

We can see from the Neutron server and Nova API logs, that Neutron got the Nova request and responded to it, but this connection fails somewhere between Nova API and Nova Compute.

Please see the exact logs:http://pastebin.test.redhat.com/217653

Tested with latest Icehouse version on RHEL 7.
Controller + Compute Node

All Nova and Neutron logs are attached.

Is this a known issue?

Toni