[openstack-dev] [Murano] environment deletion

Stan Lagun slagun at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 25 10:27:38 UTC 2014

Hi Steve,

The initial implementation of environment deletion (before 'destroy' method
was introduced in MuranoPL) was to deploy environment with empty
application list. So the code that deletes Heat stack was in 'deploy'. And
it is still there. Environment's 'destroy' will be executed only in case
Object Model is empty (doesn't contain Environment object), not in the case
it is present, but application list is empty. Now if you say that stack
doesn't get deleted it is clearly a bug that need to be filled in
launchpad. I'm not sure why it can happen. Maybe API behavior was changed
recently to send empty Object Model or it sends incorrect action name. This
just need to be debugged.

Sincerely yours,
Stan Lagun
Principal Software Engineer @ Mirantis