[openstack-dev] [Nova] [ironic]nova scheduler and ironic

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Jun 25 10:01:00 UTC 2014

I think there’s a bit more to it that just having an aggregate:

-          Ironic provides its own version of the Host manager class for the scheduler, I’m not sure if that is fully compatible with the non-ironic case.  Even in the BP for merging the Ironic driver back into Nova it still looks like this will stay as a sub-class (would be good if they can just be merged IMO)

-          You’d need to decide how you want to use the aggregate – extra specs in the flavor matching against the aggregate metatdata is one way, you could also do it by matching image metadata (as the ironic images are going to be different from KVM ones)