[openstack-dev] [DevStack] neutron config not working

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 25 00:31:16 UTC 2014

On 25/06/14 10:59, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Before I get punted onto the operators list, I post this here because
> this is the default config and I'd expect the defaults to just work.
>
> Running devstack inside a VM with a single NIC configured and this in
> localrc:
>
> disable_service n-net
> enable_service q-svc
> enable_service q-agt
> enable_service q-dhcp
> enable_service q-l3
> enable_service q-meta
> enable_service neutron
> Q_USE_DEBUG_COMMAND=True
>
> Results in a successful install but no DHCP address assigned to hosts I
> launch and other oddities like no CIDR in nova net-list output.
>
> Is this still the default way to set things up for single node? It is
> according to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronDevstack

That does look ok: I have an essentially equivalent local.conf:

ENABLED_SERVICES+=,-n-net
ENABLED_SERVICES+=,q-svc,q-agt,q-dhcp,q-l3,q-meta,q-metering,tempest

I don't have 'neutron' specifically enabled... not sure if/why that
might make any difference tho. However instance launching and ip address
assignment seem to work ok.

However I *have* seen the issue of instances not getting ip addresses in
single host setups, and it is often due to use of virt io with bridges
(with is the default I think). Try:

nova.conf:
libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=False

Regards