[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Small questions re executor

Dmitri Zimine dzimine at stackstorm.com
Wed Jun 25 00:27:10 UTC 2014

Got some questions while fixing a bug https://review.openstack.org/#/c/102391/:

* We must convey the action ERROR details back to the engine, and to the end user. Log is not sufficient. How exactly? Via context? Via extra parameters to convey_execution_results? Need a field in the model.
https://github.com/stackforge/mistral/blob/master/mistral/engine/drivers/default/executor.py#L46-L59

* What is the reason to update status on task failure in handle_task_error via direct DB access, not via convey_task_results?
https://github.com/stackforge/mistral/blob/master/mistral/engine/drivers/default/executor.py#L61 Bypassing convey_task_results can cause grief from missing TRACE statements to more serious stuff… And looks like we are failing the whole execution there? Just because one action had failed? Please clarify the intend here. Note: details may all go away while doing Refine Engine <-> Executor protocol blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mistral/+spec/mistral-engine-executor-protocol, we just need to clarify the intent