[openstack-dev] [nova] Do any hyperviors allow disk reduction as part of resize ?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 11:32:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:55:41AM +0000, Day, Phil wrote:
> [...]

Yes, I'm personally for removing resize completely since, IMHO, no matter
how many bugs we fix it is always going to be a mess. That said I realize
that people probably find resize-up useful, so I won't push hard to kill
it - we should just recognize that it is always going to be a mess which
does not result in the same setup you'd get if you booted fresh with the
new settings.

Regards,
Daniel