[openstack-dev] [Nova] Timeline for the rest of the Juno release

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jun 24 08:59:20 UTC 2014

Hi, this came up in the weekly release sync with ttx, and I think its
worth documenting as clearly as possible.

Here is our proposed timeline for the rest of the Juno release. This
is important for people with spec proposals either out for review, or
intending to be sent for review soon.

(The numbers if brackets are weeks before the feature freeze).

Jun 12 (-12): Juno-1
Jun 25 (-10): Spec review day
(https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-juno-spec-priorities)

Jul  3 (-9): Spec proposal freeze
Jul 10 (-8): Spec approval freeze
Jul 24 (-6): Juno-2
Jul 28 (-5): Nova mid cycle meetup
(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Sprints/BeavertonJunoSprint)

Aug 21 (-2): Feature proposal freeze

Sep  4 ( 0): Juno-3
             Feature freeze
             Merged J specs with no code proposed get deleted from
nova-specs repo
             K opens for spec proposals, unmerged J spec proposals must rebase
Sep 25 (+3): RC 1 build expected
             K spec review approvals start

Oct 16 (+6): Release! (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Juno_Release_Schedule)
Oct 30: K summit spec proposal freeze