[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Should TLS settings for listener be set through separate API/model?

Evgeny Fedoruk EvgenyF at Radware.com
Tue Jun 24 08:48:59 UTC 2014

Vipsniassociations table: Line 147 in last patch of the document

From: Vijay Venkatachalam [mailto:Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:17 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Should TLS settings for listener be set through separate API/model?

>>SNI list is managed by separate entity
What is this entity?

From: Evgeny Fedoruk [mailto:EvgenyF at Radware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:25 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)

+1 for option 1. SNI list is managed by separate entity, default TLS container is part of a listener object. It will have None value when listener does not offloads TLS.
Managing another entity for 1:0-1 relationship just for future use seems not right to me. Breaking TLS settings apart from listener can be done when needed, if needed.

Thanks,
Evg