[openstack-dev] [TripleO] dib-utils Release Question

Steve Kowalik steven at wedontsleep.org
Tue Jun 24 01:32:16 UTC 2014

On 24/06/14 06:31, Jay Dobies wrote:
> I finished the releases for all of our existing projects and after
> poking around tarballs.openstack.org and pypi, it looks like they built
> successfully. Yay me \o/
>
> However, it doesn't look like dib-utils build worked. I don't see it
> listed on tarballs.openstack.org. It was the first release for that
> project, but I didn't take any extra steps (I just followed the
> instructions on the releases wiki and set it to version 0.0.1).
>
> I saw the build for it appear in zuul but I'm not sure how to go back
> and view the results of a build once it disappears off the main page.
>
> Can someone with experience releasing a new project offer me any insight?

\o/

I've been dealing with releases of new projects from the os-cloud-config
side recently, so let's see.

dib-utils has a post job of dib-utils-branch-tarball, so the job does
exist, as you pointed out, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

The object the tag points to is commit
45b7cf44bc939ef08afc6b1cb1d855e0a85710ad, so logs can be found at
http://logs.openstack.org/45/45b7cf44bc939ef08afc6b1cb1d855e0a85710ad

And from the log a few levels deep at the above URL, we see:

2014-06-16 07:17:13.122 | + tox -evenv python setup.py sdist
2014-06-16 07:17:13.199 | ERROR: toxini file 'tox.ini' not found
2014-06-16 07:17:13.503 | Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure

Since it's not a Python project, no tarball or pypi upload.

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
"I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!"