[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] [Heat] Ceilometer aware people, please advise us on processing notifications..

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Jun 23 23:25:28 UTC 2014

Hello! I would like to turn your attention to this specification draft
that I've written:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100012/1/specs/convergence-continuous-observer.rst

Angus has suggested that perhaps Ceilometer is a better place to handle
this. Can you please comment on the review, or can we have a brief
mailing list discussion about how best to filter notifications?

Basically in Heat when a user boots an instance, we would like to act as
soon as it is active, and not have to poll the nova API to know when
that is. Angus has suggested that perhaps we can just tell ceilometer to
hit Heat with a web hook when that happens.

Thanks!