[openstack-dev] [Neutron] default security group rules in neutron

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Mon Jun 23 20:54:04 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-22 10:23 PM, Lingxian Kong wrote:

> So, for the functionality parity between nova-network and neutron and
> for our use case, I registered a blueprint[2] about default security
> group rules in Neutron days ago and related neutron spec[3], and I
> want it to be involved in Juno, so we can upgrade our deployment that
> time for this feature. I'm ready for the code implementation[3].
>
> But I still want to see what's the community's thought about including
> this feature in neutron, any of your feedback and comments are
> appreciated!

+1

That's awesome news! Glad to hear someone is working on it.

I already implemented (for our own cloud) a similar feature which allows
an operator to override the set of default security group rules using a
yaml config file. So yea... you can't edit it through the API, I'm not
that fancy =)

I'm unfortunately guilty of not proposing it upstream or publishing it
somewhere. I'll see if I can publish it somewhere this week. Though
limited in feature, hopefully it will be useful to someone else too.

--
Mathieu