[openstack-dev] Should TLS settings for listener be set through separate API/model?

Vijay Venkatachalam Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com
Mon Jun 23 15:59:01 UTC 2014

Hi:

In the "LBaaS TLS termination capability specification" proposal

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/98640/

TLS settings like default certificate container id and SNI cert list are part of the listener properties.

I think it is better to have this as a separate entity so that the listener properties are clean and is not "corrupted" with TLS settings.

I liked the original SSL proposal better where TLS settings was a separate entity.

It is just 2 properties now but in future the TLS settings would grow and if we are going to introduce a TLS profile/params/settings entity later, it is better to do it now (albeit with min properties).

Thanks,

Vijay V.