[openstack-dev] [cinder] set default cinder driver

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Mon Jun 23 15:13:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Ivan Kolodyazhny <e0ne at e0ne.info> wrote:

> Yogesh,
>
> Try to modify yours /devstack/local.conf with
> CINDER_DRIVER=cinder.volume.drivers.cloudbyte.ElasticenterISCSIDriver
> and run stack.sh.
>
> rejoin-stack.sh doesn't update anything, it launches OpenStack services in
> screen and uses existing configuration
>
> Regards,
> Ivan Kolodyazhny,
> Web Developer,
> http://blog.e0ne.info/,
> http://notacash.com/,
> http://kharkivpy.org.ua/
>

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Yogesh Prasad <
> yogesh.prasad at cloudbyte.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lvan,
>>
>> Thanks for reply, but i am still facing same problem.
>>
>> I have tried all of these -
>>
>> 1) Inside /etc/cinder/cinder.conf
>>     [DEFAULT]
>>     volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.cloudbyte.ElasticenterISCSIDriver
>>
>>     and ran below script
>>    ./rejoin-stack.sh
>>
>> 2) Inside /devstack/local.conf
>> [[post-config|$CINDER_CONF]]
>>     volume_driver = cinder.volume.cloudbyte.ElasticenterISCSIDriver
>>
>>      and ran below script
>>    ./rejoin-stack.sh
>>
>> 3) Inside /devstack/local.conf
>>     [[local|localrc]]
>>     CINDER_DRIVER=cinder.volume.drivers.cloudbyte.ElasticenterISCSIDriver
>>
>>     and ran below script
>>    ./rejoin-stack.sh
>>
>> 4) Inside /devstack/local.conf
>>     volume_driver =
>> cinder.volume.drivers.cloudbyte.ElasticenterISCSIDriver
>>
>>      and ran below script
>>    ./rejoin-stack.sh
>>
>> But it is not working.
>>
>> In addition, what is the py file that reads localrc ?
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Ivan Kolodyazhny <e0ne at e0ne.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Yogesh,
>>>
>>> You need to set CINDER_DRIVER variable in your localrc file
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ivan Kolodyazhny,
>>> Software Engineer,
>>> Mirantis, Inc.

>> --
>> *Thanks & Regards*,
>>   Yogesh Prasad.

> ​I put this in a wiki a while back [1], might not be the clearest set of
instructions but should give you a pretty good hint.  Note the extra
variables specific for your driver.  The piece you're still going to need
is the lib/cinder_plugins which will interpret the driver settings from
your local.conf and populate cinder.conf appropriately.  Without that
you'll still get volume_driver set in the cinder.conf but none of your
options.

Also, FYI you don't have to deploy devstack with your driver enabled, just
build it normally with the default LVM, then edit /etc/cinder/cinder.conf
and put your driver parameters in.  Finally, open the screen session and
restart c-volume service and your driver will get picked up from the conf
file.

[1]:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder#Configuring_devstack_to_use_your_driver_and_backend
​