[openstack-dev] [keystone]endpoint table is missing reference to region table

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:13:49 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Manickam, Kanagaraj <
kanagaraj.manickam at hp.com> wrote:

>  A)     Yes, we need to migrate.
>
> B)      I have queries:
>
> a.       Region is consumed only in the end-point object in keystone. So
> when an end point is created, keystone can go ahead and create a region in
> the “region” table if the region does not exist. Otherwise keystone can
> bind the existing region with the endpoint. This will make sure that
> endpoint is having foreign key reference to the region.  I see this as
> dynamic way of creating the region. Could you please validate the
> understanding and correct it, if required.

+1; note this approach in a proposal to keystone-specs, though.

>  b.      In addition, The endpoint API request & response will be
> provided with “region” name as like today. So user does not get affected by
> this change.

+1; but we also deprecated that attribute ("region") as of Identity API
v3.2 in favor of "region_id" [1] for consistency across the API. For
backwards compatibility, we'll need to handle both attributes.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/blob/master/v3/src/markdown/identity-api-v3.md#endpoints-v3endpoints