[openstack-dev] horizon failing on icehouse 100%, currently blocking all patches

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Sun Jun 22 12:03:06 UTC 2014

On 06/21/2014 05:41 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Morgan Fainberg
> <morgan.fainberg at gmail.com <mailto:morgan.fainberg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     The issue with the login page simply refreshing was due to a change
>     in Keystone that updated the type of Token issued by default from
>     PKI to PKIZ (compressed PKI/ASN1). The update to the django auth
>     module was intended to correct that specific issue with Keystone and
>     Horizon (Juno).
>
>     The bug fix (not sure if another review is to blame with the
>     django_openstack_auth module tha t is currently happening) that
>     addressed your specific issue is:
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1331406
>
>     I have proposed a fix for Keystone that would revert the PKIZ
>     default: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101714/
>
>     Depending on the fixes upcoming for the django_openstack_auth
>     module, it may make sense to temporarily revert the PKIZ provider
>     default until we can solve the issues with the django auth module
>     and horizon when PKIZ is enabled. If this review is not needed based
>     on how the horizon issues are corrected, it will be abandoned.
>
>     I think this is also showing some gaps in our testing, notably that
>     the django_openstack_auth module isn't being exercised on the
>     integration tests. I'll aim to hit up Horizon team and work with
>     them and the QA folks to make sure we cover this gap in the future.
>

> ​We may also want to consider adding it to the list of libraries we have
> in the cross-project unit test matrix
> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/95885/).

This is actually just the same issue we've got with the python clients.
The changes were moving through to actually do the right thing here
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/79881/) however, that's got to be
backported to stable devstack branches as well.

Also we need https://review.openstack.org/101749

I just approved https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101734/ (havana pin)

Once that passes and merges, if someone rechecks the icehouse pin
(Approved, but it won't pass tests until the havana version lands)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/101727/, it should pass and let patches
flow again.

Next week we need a proper unwind with the horizon team to get
django_openstack_auth working with stable/* again, get the testing
working again.

I'm mostly away from computers today, however 101727 should be in a
state where all it needs is a recheck bug 1331406 in about an hour or
two, which anyone can do.

	-Sean