[openstack-dev] [neutron] [Qos] Question about rate limit for VM use OVS

Joe Jiang ifzing at 126.com
Fri Jun 20 08:24:18 UTC 2014

Hi folks,
Anyone try that  rate limit configuration for OVS(port)?
Now i am trying to implement  it on my ovs_lib.py, actually it just call OVS command[1].

There is a way to do that for me:
> sudo ovs-vsctl set port tap42d7bb69-68 qos=@newqos \
             -- --id=@newqos create qos type=linux-htb \
             other-config:max-rate=200000000 queues=0=@q0\ \
             -- --id=@q0 create queue \
             other-config:min-rate=200000000 \
             other-config:max-rate=200000000

Then i test it use iperf, the vm ingress rate limit just work fine about 25MB/s. but the vm egress rate is as well as "None QoS", close to the eth nic on host speed.
 Can anybody explain me why my getting fail?

thanks!

[1].
http://dannykim.me/danny/openflow/57771

Kind regards,