[openstack-dev] [Octavia] PTL and core team members

Stephen Balukoff sbalukoff at bluebox.net
Fri Jun 20 02:47:12 UTC 2014

Hi y'all!

So, scanning through my e-mail archives, list of people active on the ML
talking about Neutron LBaaS and the load balancer side project (ie. before
we started calling it "octavia"), people who attended the Neutron LBaaS
mid-cycle hackathon (in person or remotely), people recently contributing
to Neutron LBaaS related code or specs, people I recognize being active in
the IRC meetings, etc. I come up with the following list. Apologies in
advance for anyone I've forgotten here; errors are entirely my fault:

Avishay Balderman
Susanne Balle
Stephen Balukoff
Samuel Bercovici
Vijay Bhamidipati
Tom Creighton
German Eichberger
Evgeny Fedoruk
Carlos Garza
Adam Harwell
Vivek Jain
Miguel Lavalle
Brandon Logan
Dustin Lundquist
Mark McClain
Kyle Mestery
Jorge Miramontes
Eugene Nikanorov
Anand Palanisamy
Phil Toohill
Craig Tracey
Trevor Vardeman
Vijay Venkatachalam
Min Wang
Doug Wiegley

I'm thinking the people who should be involved in this election should have
shown both an interest in LBaaS or the Octavia side project, and have
interest and intent to contribute to this project in meaningful ways in the
near future. What do y'all think of these criteria?

If y'all agree to this criteria, then the next steps / questions are:
1. Who should be added to the above list who isn't on it yet (and how have
they shown their interest in LBaaS or Octavia in the recent past)?
2. Who on the above list doesn't want to be on it (ie. won't be
contributing to Octavia)?
3. Do we have any volunteers to run the election? (The person running the
election should not be a candidate, and should, if at all possible, have no
interests one way or another in Octavia.)

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Balukoff
Blue Box Group, LLC