[openstack-dev] [FUEL] Zabbix in MOS meeting notes

Swann Croiset swannon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:45:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

definitely nice to have an OS monitoring system alive with Fuel deployments!

I've some questions inline ..

thanks

> 18.07.2014
>
> Participants:
> Szymon Banka,
> Bartek Kupidura,
> Dmitry Nikishov
> Alexander Kislitsky
>
> Discussed limitation of current implementation, timelines, integration
> workflow.
> Colleagues going to build custom ISO with current Zabbix monitoring
> implementation, test it, add review comments.

are you talking  about this blueprint and their reviews :
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/monitoring-system

On next week we plan to review and probably merge improvement of Zabbix
> monitoring based on implementation for Ericsson.
> For HA clusters Zabbix server should be installed on the controller nodes.
> This requirement will be researched and implemented in nailgun part.

I'm wondering why you must deploy zabbix on the controller nodes, do you
mean to have zabbix server in HA mode too ?
what about non HA clusters, is Zabbix server runs on an other node (ie fuel
master) ?