[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] TLS support RST document on Gerrit

Samuel Bercovici SamuelB at Radware.com
Thu Jun 19 07:03:00 UTC 2014

Hi Stephen,

The difference is whether the user get to specify hostnames or whether this get concluded from the certificate.
I agree, that it might be more friendly if we have an immutable hostname field that get cached in lbaas but being read from the certificate and not managed by the end user.

-Sam.

From: Stephen Balukoff [mailto:sbalukoff at bluebox.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:44 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] TLS support RST document on Gerrit

So... what I'm hearing here is that we might want to support both a 'hostname' and 'order' attribute. Though exact behavior from vendor to vendor when there is name overlap is not likely to be consistent.

Note that while we have seen that corner case, it is unusual... so I'm not against having slightly different behavior when there's name overlap from vendor to vendor.

Stephen