[openstack-dev] [neutron]Performance of security group

shihanzhang ayshihanzhang at 126.com
Thu Jun 19 03:21:29 UTC 2014

Now I have not get accurate test data, but I  can confirm the following points:
1. In compute node, the iptable's chain of a VM is liner, iptable filter it one by one, if a VM in default security group and this default security group have many members, but ipset chain is set, the time ipset filter one and many member is not much difference.
2. when the iptable rule is very large, the probability of  failure  that  iptable-save save the iptable rule  is very large.