[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Driver] Delete snapshot

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 23:29:06 UTC 2014

On 10:20 Wed 18 Jun     , Amit Das wrote:
> Implementation issues - If Cinder driver throws an Exception the snapshot
> will have error_deleting status & will not be usable. If Cinder driver logs
> the error silently then Openstack will probably mark the snapshot as
> deleted.
>
> What is the appropriate procedure that needs to be followed for above
> usecase.

I'm not sure what "Openstack will probably mark the snapshot as deleted" means.
If a snapshot gets marked with error_deleting, we don't know what state the
snapshot is in because it could've been a delete that partially finished. You
should leave the cinder volume manager to handle this. It's up to the driver to
say the delete finished or failed, that's it.

--
Mike Perez