[openstack-dev] [nova] should we have a stale data indication in "nova list/show"?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Jun 18 22:02:30 UTC 2014

The output of "nova list" and "nova show" reflects the current status in
the database, not the actual state on the compute node.

If the instances in question are on a compute node that is currently
"down", then the information is stale and possibly incorrect.  Would
there be any benefit in adding some sort of indication of this in the
"nova list" output?  Or do we expect the end-user to check "nova
service-list" (or other health-monitoring mechanisms) to see if the
compute node is "up" before relying on the output of "nova list"?

Chris