[openstack-dev] [all] All Clear on the western front (i.e. gate)

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jun 18 11:17:40 UTC 2014

I realized that folks may have been waiting for an 'all clear' on the
gate situation. It was a tiring couple of weeks, so took a little while
to get there.

Due to a huge amount of effort, but a bunch of different people, a ton
of bugs were squashed to get the gate back to a high pass rate -
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/gatetriage-june2014

Then jeblair came back from vacation and quickly sorted out a nodepool
bug that was starving our capacity, so now we aren't leaking deleted
nodes the same way.

With both those, our capacity for changes goes way up. Because we have
more workers available at any time, and less round tripping on race
bugs. We also dropped the Nova v3 tests, which shaved 8 minutes (on
average) off of Tempest runs. Again, increasing throughput by getting
nodes back into the pool faster.

The net of all these changes is that yesterday we merged 117 patches -
https://github.com/openstack/openstack/graphs/commit-activity (not a
record, that's 147 in one day, but definitely a top merge day).

So if you were holding off on reviews / code changes because of the
state of things, you can stop now. And given the system is pretty
healthy, now is actually a pretty good time to put and keep it under
load to help evaluate where we stand.

Thanks all,

	-Sean

--